Getting started with Edit Crew
So you’re ready to save time and get started with your personal editing team? Let’s make the engaging videos your audience deserves, and integrate you into our no-hassle workflow!
Watch this video to learn how to use our client portal, submit video requests, and leave revision notes.
What to do next:
As soon as you sign up, your project manager (who will serve as your main point of contact) will connect you with one of our editors to ensure the best fit possible.
You can start submitting video requests right away! But first, make sure you’ve reviewed all the information on this page.
Need 100gb of complimentary cloud storage?
Here’s what to do:
1. In the client portal, go to “Subscriptions” on the left sidebar.
2. Click on the order number of your subscription to enter the ticket.
3. Send your project manager a message, letting them know you would like 100gb of complimentary cloud storage. They will create a shared Google Drive folder for you.
Do you have your own Frame.io account?
For a more streamlined workflow, feel free to add us as a contributor on your account. We’ll upload straight to your workspace.
Please add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to your workspace, and specify in your tickets which folder you would like us to upload to.
Our scope of work
Before we begin working together, we want to make sure we’re on the same page. This is so we can ensure a prosperous, long-term working relationship. As you already know, Edit Crew doesn’t do things like a traditional creative agency. For that reason, it’s important to know what we do, and don’t do.
What we do
- Deliver most first drafts in 1-2 business days
- Deliver revisions in 24 hours
- Unlimited rounds of revisions
- Source licensed music
- Source up to 5 stock footage clips per video
- Provide 100gb complimentary cloud storage
- Videos up to 30 minutes long (on Essentials)
What we don't do
- Edit videos over 30 minutes (on Essentials)
- Work on more than one video request at a time (on Essentials)
- Record screen-recordings or take screenshots
- Independently source assets (besides music, 5 clips of stock footage per video, or motion graphics presets)
- Excessive, complex, or custom motion graphics
- Wedding videos
- Write copy from scratch
- Hop on calls after our initial Discovery Call
Things which will delay turnaround time:
- Raw footage submissions of over 50gb
- Complex or a high number of revisions notes
- Submitting un-proxied 4k footage
- Unclear, incomplete, or open-ended instructions
- Complex edits requiring high levels of fine-tuning/detail
- Sending additional video notes/assets to your project manager instead of leaving them directly on the video.
Some other important things to know
- The Essentials plan is not meant to replace a full-time editor
- We can not move on to your next video until you have marked it as “Approved,” or left your project manager a message giving us the OK to move on.
- We can not independently source more than 5 stock footage clips per video. If you submit your own stock footage, we can edit as much of it as you like!
- If a stock footage clip can not be sourced in our paid library, we are not responsible for sourcing it elsewhere.
- We understand that you have deadlines to meet, so we try our best to fulfill any rush requests. That being said, we can never promise turnarounds faster than 2 business days on first drafts, and 24 hours on revisions. Please plan accordingly to avoid a scenario in which we aren’t able to complete a video in time for your deadline.
- While we can only work on one video at a time (on Essentials), you can submit multiple video orders at one time. This will create a queue, and once we finish one of your videos, we’ll move on to the next one in the queue.
- We do not operate 365 days a year, in observance of our editing team’s local holidays. Click here to see Edit Crew’s days off.
- Our hours of operation are as follows:
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm CST (March 14-November 7)
Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm CST (November 8-March 13)
Yes! We work on one video at a time, so once we finish one order, we’ll move on to the next.
Nope! We are automatically notified every time you make a comment on a video.
Definitely! Email email@example.com.
If we edited your video or conducted revisions beyond the 30-day period, you’ll be charged for the month.
While multiple users do have the ability to comment on a video, we strongly advise for only one person to leave comments. This is because contradicting notes or comments left at different times can be confusing for the editor, and can slow down production.
In the client portal, go to the “Subscriptions” tab on the left sidebar. Then, click on the three dots under “Actions.”
As much as you’d like! Essential plan users should note that raw footage submissions exceeding 50gb will experience delayed turnaround times (3-5 days). Pro plan users submitting over 80gb can also expect delayed turnaround times.
The best way to get us your footage is by providing a cloud storage link to your footage. We ask for a shareable link to this folder every time you submit a new video order.
You can update your credit card in your client portal. On the sidebar, go to “Payment.” Then click the “Add Card” button. After adding your card, remove your old card.
You can do this in your client portal under the “Services” tab. From there, you’ll be able to purchase the subtitling add-on.
We keep your files for 45 days.
Most of the time, the same editor will be working on all of your videos. If there is am internal scheduling conflict or the demands of the project are better suited for a different editor’s skillset, then another editor may take over for that particular video.